July 14, 2010

happy birthday to my boy!


I woke up this morning to a toddler instead of a baby. 
It was a whole lot better than what I woke up to last year on this day 
(natural childbirth anyone?)!
Alas, my little man is officially one. 
I've been a mom for a whole year. 
That's not long to most, but saying it out loud is way crazy for me. 

One year, all the holidays, all the seasons, 365 days. 
He's been here for it all. 
In my short time as a mama, here are some of the gems I've gathered:

-I don't need anywhere near the amount of sleep I got pre-kid in order to function.   
But I want it!  

-My lap is a pretty decent changing table. 
I can (and have) changed his diaper almost everywhere. 
-Pumping in the car is super easy. 
I think I did a pretty discreet job of it too, but maybe not. 
Is that why all the truckers from UT to CA kept honking/winking
at us?

-Other kids are cute but mine is the cutest.  
Moms everywhere know this.

-My body will never be the same. 
And I'm OK with that. 
Most of the time.
Why get a tattoo when stretch marks are just as permanent?!

-When your baby looks just like his daddy, you love your husband more than ever. 

-When in doubt about any baby stuff, ask mom!!
_______________________________________________
I'm so in love with my kid. 
Happy birthday little dude.
Tat leftover from his wild party!