November 13, 2011

Pumpkin muffins galore. For me at least.

 I ate 12 of these. That's like a whole stick of butter from all the frosting!!! I'm not thinking about it anymore. 

It's common knowledge that I can't follow a recipe so here's the one I made up for these muffin top-esque treats.  
I'm calling them: Pumpkinspice Muffins with Spiced Frosting.

Muffins:
I 15 oz can of pumpkin
1/3 cup applesauce 
1 large egg
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup sugar (I use Zulka)
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour

- Mix everything together but the flour until smooth. Fold in the flour until just mixed.
Put in greased muffin tin and bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Makes 24-ish.

Frosting:
1/2 stick softened butter
3 cups powdered sugar
2 TB milk
1/2 tsp desired spice (I've used cloves and nutmeg. Both were great!)

- Mix until smooth. Frost muffins when cooled. EAT.

Try not to eat all the muffins in the house.
make avatar
I seriously made two batches and Toph got like two.
It is my birthday week though. So whatev.