January 4, 2012

clean eats

This is how I get us all to eat more veggies. I love this stuff. I dip celery in it just to get more of it in my belly. 
Anyway, here's the super simple way I make my salsa:

Ingredients:
2 Jalepeno peppers deseeded+chopped up
One bell pepper (any color) deseeded+chopped up
One 28 oz can of peeled tomatoes (diced or whole)
One small bushel of cilantro
Some chopped red onion
Some chopped garlic
Salt to taste

Throw it all in your blender and blend until it's the consistency you like (we prefer chopped really fine). 
If you're fancy you might have a food processor. In which case throw it in your processor and process until delish.
Side note: Sometimes I put in a handful of spinach to add more veggie oomph.
Also, if you want it spicier (I make it really mild) use a different type/more peppers. I'm pretty sure.

We also love it on sandwiches.
Voila, Toph's lunch today. ^
Mine looked pretty similar just hold the turkey and add some avocado. 
Sooo good.