July 26, 2012

bump it


19 weeks!! Woo hoo. 
So I don't plan on doing updates every single week, but a bump shot here and there is definitely on the menu.
 I predict in a month I'll be so huge that "bump" will yield to "mountain" also. We'll see.

Now for some Q&A since I haven't been able to get back to everyone yet. 
Fell swoop time:

Q: How did you keep this a secret for so long?!?
A: Two things: 1) Between moving, Disneyland, the bar, Bronson's birthday, changing insurance, getting in to see a midwife, and life; we just kept forgetting about it kinda. I thought, "We'll tell when I'm so huge it'll be super obvious." Then it became, "We'll tell after we see the Dr. for the first time." Then, "We'll tell after we know what it is." All this not telling has made the time fly too! Everyone knew about Bronson by 8 weeks. Longest.pregnancy.ever.
And 2) I can be really good at keeping secrets. It's my body power.

Q: How's Bronson doing with the news? Does he get what's going on yet?
A: Bronson is the cutest. Way back as I was packing and trying to get us ready to move, one day out of the blue he asks, "Mommy, why you got a baby in your tummy?" I thought he was just being weird so I answered who knows what and we moved on. Well he kept asking over the next few days until I thought, "I'ma write this in my journal and when we really do get pregnant, it'll be funny to remember him being excited early on." I go to write it down and realize how late it is in the month. I totally could be pregnant. So a few days later I snuck out to Target and grabbed some tests. All positive. And Bronson knew it. He's been talking about being a big brother ever since and he's been saying it was a girl all along too. (Which Toph and I both thought also. At least 85% girl anyway.) "We need four people in this happy family!!" is his new mantra. I'm sure it'll get harder for him as we get closer to the actual baby's arrival though. I really hope I can help him be ready for some of the big changes coming his way. By the time she comes, he'll have been the star of the show for 3.5 years so it's gonna be a big transition for everyone.

Q: How are you feeling?? Is this why you've been blogging less?
A: So far I don't really get that sick with my pregnancies. I wasn't sick at all with Bronson but I assumed it was because he was a boy. This time I waited and waited for the waves of nausea to descend, since I was thinking girl, but they never really did. I've been more tired, sneezing like crazy (one of my normal pregnancy symptoms), needing to eat every few hours or I get dizzy, and slightly sick now and then but nothing major. Thank goodness! I've been able to work, take care of Bronson, keep working out, and eat well without having any real problems which has been a huge blessing so far. As for blogging, the internet here is just super slow. It's no fun to work with.

Q: Any weirdo craving yet? How's "No sugar" going?
A: I've been wanting peaches, cottage cheese, yogurt, fresh eggs, pizza (but I always want pizza anyway), thai, and anything sour. 
I'm not 100% no sugar like I was from January 1st-May13th, but I'm still going strong. I'd say I'm about 80% no sugar now. 
My downfalls: Welch's fruit snacks and Twizzlers. If I buy them for Bronson, I always end up eating some. Sooooo maybe I should stop buying my kid junk?? Maybe.

Q: What's your actual due date?
A: I love my midwife!!! She gave me a due week instead of a due date. (Last time I sat around and watched my due date come and go. All the other July 9th babies were born and I was still preggo for another week. Worst.) We're looking at somewhere in the week leading up to Christmas. No day specifically and for some reason, baby keeps measuring ahead of what we'd originally thought but everything looks healthy and good so far. PS: I feel bad for this December kid! We were shooting for next spring but this one took no time at all. (It took almost a year to get knocked up with Bronson so we weren't sure this go round. TMI.) How do you make a December birthday super special???

And now I'm so done typing about myself.The end.