November 10, 2012

The Marine Corps Birthday (OORAH!!)



November 10th is the Marine Corps birthday! Since my dad served in the marines for 20 years (holla) we celebrate the day with at least a little something every year. (Fun fact: I was actually due to be born on November 10th. My parents always say if I'd been born on time they would've named me Marina Cora ... pretty sure I'm glad I hung on for those extra 8 days. Sorry for being late mom, but I lurve my name as is.) This year my older sister hosted and we had a big family dinner followed by birthday cake and a video Toph put together on the history of the marines. We sang jodies and talked about our fave memories from my dad being in the service. Hands down mine is when he took me to the marine corps ball when I was barely 12. I wore this pink vintage dress from a thrift store and asked the hair lady to do my hair like Gwyneth Paltrow's looked for the cover of Emma. Fancy fancy.